- Arlene Davy Memorial Scholarship: Scholarships are given to local single mothers pursuing a bachelor's or associate degree. Applicants must demonstrate need and express career goals. If selected, a $1,000 award will be deposited directly into the student’s school account. The deadline for applications is May 1st. For further information please contact us at: ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com with Arlene Davy in subject line. Click here for the application: arlene_davy_scholarship_2021.docx
- Young Women in Public Affairs: YWPA scholarships are awarded to women aged 16 to19 (as of April 1st each year) who show an active commitment to volunteerism, demonstrate leadership in local government, student government or workplace leadership, and dedication to empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. Recipient will receive $250 from the local club and the application will be forwarded to the district level. If selected at district, she will receive $1,500 and her application will be forwarded to Zonta International. At the international level, ten recipients will receive $5,000 each. The deadline for applications is March 1. For more information and application go to: www.zonta.org/Global-Impact/Education/Young-Women-in-Public-Affairs-Award.aspx.
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship: Women in the second year of undergraduate studies through the final year of a master’s program in business are eligible for this scholarship. Students must be in school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed and must not graduate before December. Applications must be received by the local club and if selected, will receive $500 and their application will be forwarded to district. Zonta awards up to 32 scholarships of $2,000 each at the district level and six international scholarships in the amount of $8,000 each. The deadline for applications is May 1. For more information and application go to: https://zonta.org/Web/Programs/Education/Women_in_Business_Scholarship.aspx
- Women in Technology Scholarship: Women enrolled in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a post graduate program are eligible. Applicants must be in school at the time the scholarship funds are disbursed. Twenty scholarships of $8,000 will be awarded at the national level. The Zonta Club of Fort Collins will also offer a scholarship to the locally selected winner. Apply directly to Zonta International, but provide a copy of the completed application to the local Zonta Club at email@example.com Applications for this scholarship are due to Zonta International by October 15, 2021. For application and more information go to: https://zonta.org/Web/Programs/Education/Women_in_Technology_Scholarship.aspx.
General Application Information
- Mail physical applications to Zonta Club of Fort Collins: P.O. Box 272914, Fort Collins, CO 80527, or email a copy to ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com with scholarship name in the subject line. Hard copy or digital copy must be received on or before the deadline date.
- If you have any questions about any of the awards or scholarships please email us at: ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com with Scholarship in subject line.
The annual scholarship award winners are invited and encouraged to attend a Zonta Club of Fort Collins meeting to be recognized. You will be informed of date and time
Arlene Davy Scholarship winners: YWPA Scholarship winners: Jane M. Klausman winners:
2004 - Jennifer Flint 2012 - Jenette Yanez - D12 Award of Distinction 2016 - Tamara Mack
2005 - Athena Krein 2013 - Devon Miller 2018 - Ujunwa Okeke
2006 - Tanay Estrada 2014 - Siyu Wu
2007 - Tanay Estrada 2016 - Asmita Jha
2008 - Pricilla Hagedom 2017 - Kaitlyn Henderson
2010 - Jessica Waechter and Merinda Caypers
2011 - Jessica Hines
2012 - Deborah Gyang and Tracey Taylor
2013 - Doreen Kern and Suzanne Dunlap
2014 - Amy Myhre and Monica Zarling
2018 - Emily Schwellenback
2018 - Mariah Kennell
2019 - Portia Cook
2020 - Iman Al Khafaji, Ashley Romance, Brisa Simmons, Latina McCoy, Portia Cook
An event to honor our scholarship winners is held each year at a Zonta Club meeting. We announce our awardees on our Scholarship webpage as well.
If you would like to help us in our support of single Mom's with scholarships we invite you to consider being a sponsor for our 'Meet The Author' event. We also have an opportunity for a business and/or an individual to be an Annual Scholarship Sponsor. Please contact us for further information at our email address: ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com