- Arlene Davy Memorial Scholarship: Scholarship(s) given to single mothers pursuing an education. All applicants must live in Larimer County. Applicants must be a single female parent student, be able to prove enrollment/acceptance, and demonstrate need. Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 9 credits. This scholarship supports classes taken which will lead to a career, a profession and/or as a prerequisite for a degree. For further information please contact us at: ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com with Arlene Davy in subject line. Click davey_scholarship_application.docx for Application. Deadline: May 1st.
- Young Women in Public Affairs: An award given to a local woman age 16-19 involved in public service that promotes the advancement and status of women locally. The goal of the Young Women in Public Affairs Award is to encourage young women to participate in public affairs by recognizing a commitment to the volunteer sector, evidence of volunteer leadership achievements, and a dedication to the advancement of the status of women. In order for more women to be represented in key decision making positions, we must encourage young women to pursue careers, or seek leadership positions in public policy making, government, and volunteer organization and further their education with these aims in view. Public affairs refer to all aspects of community life where decisions have to be made about issues, which relate to and affect those communities in which they live. For application please go to: www.zonta.org/Global-Impact/Education/Young-Women-in-Public-Affairs-Award. Deadline: February 1st.
- Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarship: The Jane M. Klausman Women in Business Scholarships is awarded to women undertaking business studies who have demonstrated outstanding potential in the field. Any woman undertaking a business and/or business-related program at an accredited university/college/institute, in at least the second year of an undergraduate program through the final year of a Master's program at the time of application is eligible to apply. The scholarship may be used at any university, college, or institute offering accredited courses and degrees.
- Deadline: May 1st. Learn more and download the application at www.zonta.org/Global-Impact/Education/Women-in-Business-Scholarship.
- Women in Technology Scholarship: The world economy, industry and sciences are becoming increasingly digitized, and these developments are disrupting society and familiar social processes. Women, however, are still largely underrepresented in technology fields. To create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities, women need to have an active role in technology and technological developments. Zonta International is pleased to offer its new Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in technology. At https://foundation.zonta.org/womenintech. Deadline: May 1st.
- General Application Information
- Mail applications to Zonta Club of Fort Collins: P.O. Box 272914, Fort Collins, CO 80527 and email a copy to ZontaFortCollins@gmail.com with scholarship name in the subject line. Both hard copy and digital copy must be received on or before the deadline date.
- If you have any questions about any of the awards or scholarships please email us at: ZontaFortcollins@gmail.com with Scholarship in subject line.
The annual scholarship award winners are invited and encouraged to attend a Zonta Club of Fort Collins meeting to be recognized. You will be informed of date and time
Arlene Davy Scholarship winners: YWPA Scholarship winners: Jane M. Klausman winners:
2004 - Jennifer Flint 2012 - Jenette Yanez - D12 Award of Distinction 2016 - Tamara Mack
2005 - Athena Krein 2013 - Devon Miller 2018 - Ujunwa Okeke
2006 - Tanay Estrada 2014 - Siyu Wu
2007 - Tanay Estrada 2016 - Asmita Jha
2008 - Pricilla Hagedom 2017 - Kaitlyn Henderson
2010 - Jessica Waechter and Merinda Caypers
2011 - Jessica Hines
2012 - Deborah Gyang and Tracey Taylor
2013 - Doreen Kern and Suzanne Dunlap
2014 - Amy Myhre and Monica Zarling
2018 - Emily Schwellenback
2018 - Mariah Kennell
2019 - Portia Cook